This list contains foods that have less than 1 gram carb per serving, which makes them as close to zero carbs foods. Just to be sure when you are buying food always check the label for nutrition information.
The vegetables contain 0-1 net carbs per serving. When you buy meat or fish make sure to buy the unprocessed variety because the processed meats like ham, bacon, and jerky are more likely to have carbohydrates.
The list of 43 zero-carbs foods:
- Pork rinds
- Organ meat
Vegetables –remember they can contain 0-1 net carbs per serving
- Leafy greens -kale, spinach, arugula, lettuce, turnip greens, Swiss chard etc.
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Chicory family –radicchio, endive etc.
- Heavy cream
- Most types of cheese
- Sesame oil
- Coconut oil
- Corn oil
- Peanut oil
- Sunflower oil
- Olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Coffee- no milk or sugar
- Diet soda
- Herbal tea
- Drink mix powders
- Vinegar- just not balsamic
- Hot sauce
- Full fat mayonnaise
- Mustard- no honey mustard
Tips to eat zero-carbs foods:
- Avoid junk food- eat eggs dairy and meat until you are full
- Consume fat- it will give you the much-needed energy
- Avoid sweets- try to stay away from foods that have sweet taste in order not to have cravings for something sweet
- Consume animal products- dairy, meat, eggs
- Drink plenty of water- It’s important to stay hydrated
- Don’t count calories- just eat when you are hungry and stop when you are not